Threat Assessment – Predicting Violent Behavior in Schools
Training Options and Resources
Threat Assessment Seminar Trainings
SafePlans offers 60 to 90 minute threat assessment seminars to focus on educating staff how to recognize warning signs. Content includes:
- Pre-Attack INdicators (PAINs)
- Defining Dangerousness
- and Case Studies
A threat assessment examines potentially violent behavior with the goal of determining the degree of dangerousness. Threat assessments are highly effective in the prevention of an insider attack, so long as concerning behavior is reported.
This training in threat identification, threat assessment and case management is based on United Stated Secret Service and FBI resources. This one to two hours course covers the following content:
- Making A Threat Vs. Posing A Threat
- Define “Dangerousness” Using J.A.C.A.
- Discuss The Secret Service “Bystander” Report And Its Implications
- Identify Potential Threat Assessment Team Members
- Identify Information Reporting And Storage Procedures
- Complete Practical Exercise Procedures
The focus of a threat assessment is not if a person makes a threat; but if they pose a threat. Threat assessment team training and resources help to ensure warning signs are not ignored and proactive strategies are enacted.
Contact SafePlans to Schedule a training for your school.
We had an amazing turn out at our free threat assessment webinar for schools. Per the request of several attendees, we have created this replay.