Las Vegas First Responders Present Lessons Learned from Las Vegas Shooting
SafePlans was honored to be included in the Las Vegas Police Department presentation on lessons learned from the Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, hosted at the Bossier Training Center in Louisiana.
This session addressed the nation’s deadliest mass shooting when, on October 1, 2017, a lone gunman opened fire on a crowd of concert goers attending a music festival; leaving 58 dead and over 930 injured.
Committed to Improving Response – Discussion Takeaways
We will continue to work with our public safety partners to improve emergency plans and active shooter response to help make our communities even safer.
Some key takeaways from this session include:
- The need for option-based civilian active shooter response training that expands beyond the basic lockdown or lock-out concepts.
- Up-to-date emergency plans that empower staff to respond and are not dependent upon top-down command and control.
- Public safety access to tactical site mapping to expedite response.
- Emergency notification systems to alert staff and guests.
- Staff awareness training and reporting tools to implement an effective “See something – Say something” campaign.
Preparedness starts with Prevention
While the reason for this panel discussion is unfortunate, organizations need to plan for the unthinkable. It is tough discussions like these that help us to better protect good people from bad things.
Don’t know where to start?
SafePlans can help. Contact us today to learn more about our emergency preparedness solutions.