In an effort to counter some training that encourages schools to teach children to counter or attack an active shooter, we would like to remind you there are other options. At SafePlans, our Security Awareness For Educators (SAFE) training program has been adopted by three states and five of the 50 largest school systems in the U.S.
Unlike programs like ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter and Evade), SAFE is a measured approach that follows (and helped to establish) current best practices for schools.
SAFE empowers educators with:
- Prevention Strategies
- Ways to Secure Classrooms
- Survival Options
- Enhanced situational awareness
- Improved Decision Making in an Emergency
- Drill Guidelines with Classroom Curriculum
- An Understanding of the Body’s Response to Fear
We have instructor-led, E-learning and train-the-trainer courses to meet the needs of districts large and small.